Monday, June 28, 2010

Dessert first, please!

First Post: Easy Oven-Baked S'Mores-Stuffed Bananas

Dessert is my FAVORITE meal (haha) so I decided to kick off this blog with a dessert item. What's special about this recipe is that it's from the foilings section of the cookbook. In the foilings section, you put all of the ingredients into heavy-duty aluminum foil, seal it up, and bake it in the oven! How cool is that?

Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes (based on my experience)

Ingredients:
2 tblsp. mini semi-sweet choc. chips
1 sheet (4 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed
4 sm. bananas, unpeeled, ripe
1/4 cup mini marshmallows
(whipped cream on top)

PER SERVING (I LOVE this) (1 stuffed banana) 152 calories, 2.5g fat, 29mg sodium, 33g carbs, 3g fiber, 19 sugars, 1.5g protein

Now, I am not going to type up every single step for these recipes. The basis of this recipe is that you cut a slit in the banana, and put in the graham crackers/choc. chips mixture (mixed together in a small bowl). You put mini marshmallows on top of the mixture, wrap the banana in heavy duty foil, and bake it at 400 for 10-12 minutes. I didn't top it off with whipped cream, but it sounds delicious (by the way I'll be using this word a lot, it's my favorite).

Hungry Wife Analysis

Prep Rating: EASY and FUN! (made this with Vanessa)
D-Lish Factor: 5/10
The reason I gave this recipe a 5 is because I didn't like the warm banana taste. The stuffing inside was great, but I've never eaten a warm banana, and don't think I will again. However, the other three people that tried it, liked it.

PLEASE post comments...what should I cook next? Any food ideas??

8 comments:

  1. Love this "foiling" concept, it's genius!!!

    Anytime the clean up process is shortened it's a winner in my book.

    I'd love to try a new chicken dish.
    Keep Cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I can't wait to read more and see all your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What to cook next?
    We've got a real scorcher here in Massachusetts today. Mild by NC standards I'm sure. In anycase, I'd suggest something that doesn't require any heat to prepare. Perhaps a nice ceviche? Or maybe a gazpacho?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the dish sounds good except for the bananas... How about a cookie recipe. Guess you came by the sweets honestly! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say cook whatever you want, we'll all read it and try it anyway, afterall, I'm your #1 fan.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa (aka Mom #2)June 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM

    YAY Kristen! I think this is a great idea! (probably because I loved the movie Julie and Julia!) I'll have to try this recipe...it DOES sound yummy! I LOVE frozen bananas dipped in chocolate.... as for next, I'm with Frank... is there a recipe for a cold fruit soup in your book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be doing a chicken recipe next...first request, first served :) I will look into something cool to cook next for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like bananas ONLY when they're cooked so I may try this. And I look forward to the book and movie.

    ReplyDelete