Friday, July 23, 2010

Back in the kitchen again!

ALOHA Pizza Luau!

Fresh out of the oven!
What is cool about this recipe is you can put whatever toppings you like on each piece!


I was craving some cake so I thought I would make one from scratch...looks good doesn't it? It wasn't...haha
Pizza Luau
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes


PER SERVING: (entire recipe) 230 calories, 4.5g fat, 808mg sodium, 34 carbs, 6.5g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 17g protein
*Alright you carb concious ladies...I bet you are thinking "OMG that is wayyy too many carbs" but think again. Look at all of the nutrition components like the fiber and protein...you need carbs in your diet, just the right ones. Once you see the ingredients used to make this meal, you will realize they are good carbs!
First you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, spread 1 tablespoon of low-fat marinara sauce (I used regular tomato sauce) onto each muffin half. The muffin is one light English muffin, split into halves (I used whole grain for extra nutrition...).
Tear 1 stick of light string cheese (these are sold individually in stores for like .25) into shreds and roughly chop chop chop, chop chop chop, chop that cheese string! Sprinkle that cheese on the muffin halves. Then top each half with some ham (two slices of deli ham cut into pieces) and pineapple (I bought a can of pineapple rings and cut the rings into pieces).
You can stop there, or you can add other toppings you like on the pizza...olives, onion, mushroom...etc. Just don't get carried away...after all, it's just a little muffin half! Place the muffin halves on a baking sheet that is lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes...ALOHA!
Prep Time Rating: Super Duper Easy...and fun!
DLish Factor: 8.5
*Now, this is where I get stuck because a scale of 1-10 based on food has brussel sprouts at 1 and lobster at 10 for me...and let me tell you, not much compares to lobster. Then I got to thinking...sometimes healthy things just don't taste as good as the real deal...which in this case, is a greasy piece of pizza. However, I can honestly say that the more you stay away from foods like greasy pizza, you'll learn to love healthier dishes like this pizza recipe.

Enjoy, and until next time...healthy cooking!!
Sincerely,
The Hungry Wife




1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love making english muffin pizza's! My mom used to make those with us when we were little and we got to put on our own toppings and make them just for us. I tried to make them for Derek but he insists that they are gross! Whatever!

    ReplyDelete