Honey Mustard Pretzel-Coated Chicken Fingers
Final product...yummm!Ingredients (for one serving...double or triple as needed)
-3 tablespoons honey mustard (light or regular)
-2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute
-5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 strips
-2 dashes salt
-2 dashes black pepper
-1 ounce (10 twists) hard salted pretzels, finely crushed
-2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
PER SERVING: 349 calories, 2.5g fat, 928mg sodium, 39g carbs, 1g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 37g protein
*Put it over a nice green salad and add some low-fat dressing, and you've got a D-LISH meal!!!
-First you'll need to preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Next, mix the honey mustard (all ingredients listed above) and egg substitute together in a small bowl. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper, and then soak in the mustard-egg mixture. Set aside to marinate for about 5 minutes.
-Mix crushed pretzels with sugar and spread mixture out on a plate (I had to crush extra pretzels so make a little bit more than you think so you don't have to go through the crushing process again...I used a potato masher hehe). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
-Thoroughly coat chicken strips with the pretzel-sugar mixture, and then transfer to the baking sheet (but make sure there is no excess mustard-egg mixture left on the pieces). Mist the tops of the strips with nonstick spray.
-Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through baking (that's 10 minutes for all of you who struggle with math, hehe) until chicken is cooked through.
BEST MEAL YET!!!!!
Prep Time Rating: Medium/Hard (Darn you pretzels! It's worth it though.)
DLish Factor: 9.5!!!
-This has been the most delicious recipe I have cooked yet...and it's SOOOOO easy/simple! I put the chicken strips over a salad and it made a GREAT dinner! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Sincerely,
The Hungry Wife

Yes!! I am making this tonight :) You rock!!
ReplyDeleteMmm sounds like I will have to try this one!
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome!!! Love all these great ideas :) Yummy!
ReplyDeleteI've printed this to use when the snow is flying.
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy! I am coming to your house for dinner.
ReplyDeleteSOO YUMMY!!! I just made it on top of some lettuce with sesame ginger dressing and it is YUMMY!! love love love it! And SO easy!! Love it :) Thank you!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, another way to have chicken, your Mom has the stuff on her shopping list to make this for us, keep up the good work....you know how much I like chicken....Dad
ReplyDelete