Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things That Go Blend

Pretty in Pink Slushie Drink AND Mud Pie in the Sky, Oh My!

Pretty in Pink blended Drink (hehe, that rhymes!)
Alison, my wonderful helper for the day!

Mud Pie in the sky: delicious icecream-type treat



Pretty in Pink Slushie Drink
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Blend Time: less than two minutes

PER SERVING: (entire drink; now, I doubled the recipe to make it for two, and that was even too much...you can easily split one of these drink for a small treat) 125 calories, .5g fat, 11mg sodium, 31.5 carbs, 4g fiber, 21g sugars, 2g protein

I had my friend, Alison, over so we could experiment with some blender-focused recipes...and why not? It has been 100 freaking degrees for the past,well, forever!! These two blended treats will help put chill bumps back on your arms instead of sticky sweat from the heat!

First, you take 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, (slightly thawed) 1.5 cups of chopped watermelon (seedless please), and put it all in the blender. Blend on high for 1 minute, until smooth. Add 1/4 cup diet lemon-lime soda (regular is fine if you have it in your fridge), a few pinches of real or fake sugar, and 1 cup of crushed ice to the blender. Blend again until it makes a slushie-like consistency.

ENJOY the sweetness...and the pinkness!

Prep Time Rating: Easy

DLISH Factor: 7.5-I will admit that I LOVE Sonic slushies because they are loaded with fruit (probably soaked in sugar) and extra sugar...however, this is a light, enjoyable drink. You may want to even cut back on some of the watermelon, and add extra strawberries.



Mud Pie in the Sky
Prep Time:5 minutes
Freeze Time: 8 minutes (trust me)
PER SERVING: (entire recipe) 263 calories, 2g fat, 226 sodium, 57g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 16g sugars 7g protein
In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee granules and powdered creamer in 2 tablespoons warm water (I didn't feel like spending extra money to buy coffee granules, so I left that part out and it was still delicious). Add 2 teaspoons light/regular Hershey's syrup, a few pinches of real or fake sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Transfer all of this to the blender, baby!
Cut a no sugar added Fudgesicle bar into pieces, remove the stick, and add to the blender as well. Add 3/4 cup fat-free chocolate ice cream and 3/4 cup of crushed ice. Blend briefly at medium-low speed until just mixed. Spoon the mixture into a glass or bowl and then stir in some crushed up graham craker pieces or 1/2 pack of Oreo Thin Crisps.
Mmm Mmm Good!
Prep Time Rating: Easy/Medium
DLISH Factor: 9! I really liked this treat...probably because I have a love of anything with chocolate in it...hope you enjoy it!
Alison and I split this as well...no need to eat all of these recipes all on your own, share the love...and split the calories :)
Sincerely,
The Hungry Wife





1 comment:

  1. Yum! These look great! Can't wait to try them! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete