Summer Time Dishes
A Few Notes from the "Chef"
Apologies for the long break from blogging! We all know how holidays make us lazy...anyways, I am back with some great summer style dishes. They are both very easy, and pretty delicious!
TIPS
*I doubled the recipe for the fish recipe since I was making dinner for two...I added extra "paste" to the fish and that made it more tasty
*the marshmallow cream for the sundae didn't turn out to be the best idea in the world; I would just put a few spoonfuls because it hardens and it's a mouthful of sugar
So Fancy Fish Pack
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (I cooked it 18)
PER SERVING: (1 fish pack) 205 calories (keep in mind that includes the fish and the asparagus...you add some fruit for a complete, healthy meal, and you are eating WELL!) 4g fat, 412mg sodium, 6g carbs, 2.75g fiber, 3g sugar, 35g protein
First you will preheat the oven to 375. Then, in a small bowl you'll mix 1 teaspoon of light butter, 1/2 tsp. of parsely, 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic, and 1/8 tsp. salt and mix together to make a paste-like mixture.
Next, you take a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and spray some non-stick spray on it. Take 6 thick (or 8 thin) asparagus stalks (cut off some of the bottom) and lay them like a raft on the middle of the foil sheet. Take the talapia filet (or cod, or another white fish of your choosing) and lay on top of the asparagus. Spread the butter mixture onto the fish, and then wrap up the foil.
(those directions were for 1 serving; I made two of them)
Put the foil on a baking sheet, and bake in the over for 15-18 minutes. To make sure the food is finished, take it out at 15 minutes and check the asparagus with a knife (if you can put your knife through the asparagus easily, it's finished). Better to check and have to cook it longer than for someone to feel less stronger (get sick from the fish) ahahah I crack myself up!
Prep Time Rating: Medium
D-Lish Factor: 7 (this was the best recipe I have made yet aside from the pan fried chicken parm)
Gimme S'More Sundae
Prep Time: 5 minutes
*no cooking, just chowing down!
PER SERVING: (entire sundae) 175 calories, 1.75g fat, 125mg sodium, 38carbs, 2.25g fiber, 20g sugars, 4g protein
This is SUCH an easy way to spruce up your nightly dessert! Follow these easy, fun steps and your mouth will be having a party!
Spoon some fat-free chocolate ice cream (1/2 cup) into a bowl and set aside. Place a few spoonfuls of marshmallow cream into a plastic sandwich bag and cut off the edge. Squeeze some of the cream onto the icecream, yum!
Tip with some crushed graham crackers (I used half of a 100 calorie pack of think Oreo crisps) and some chocolate chips. Finish it off with some Reddi-wip or chocolate syrup.
Prep Time Rating: EASY
D-Lish Factor: 8; I LOVE chocolate!!
Alright people, I enjoyed it, I hope you enjoy it, and PLEASE COMMENT! One of the next recipes will be a fruity drink :)



The fish dish sounds good. I will have to try it out on your Dad. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteLove you...
the fish sounds so yummy, I might even try it! (I don't generally eat fish)
ReplyDeleteIn the smores sundae, to avoid the problem with the marshmallow creme getting hard, try using marshmallow sundae topping (found in the ice cream section of most stores)