Santa Fe Cheesy Chicken Stir-Fry (for Holly!)
Another close up with some garlic toast
I had to include this food creation from the World Cup Party I went to. One cookie cake was for Spain, and one was for the Netherlands...they vanished quickly.Recipe
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
PER SERVING: (entire recipe) 256 calories, 2g fat, 693mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 3.25g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 38.5g protien
--My friend, Holly, requested this recipe on the 4th of July after looking through the Hungry Girl cookbook. Finally, I was able to make it! This is one EASY and DLISH dish! The unique thing about this recipe is you can leave out ingredients you don't like, and add extras of the things you do like...you get to be a cooking artist!
*I am including the ingredients for one serving of this dish, but obviously I doubled it...you can tripe it...or quadruple it...you get the point.
--First you combine 4oz. raw boneless, skinless lean chicken breast (chopped), 2 tablespoons of drained/rinsed black beans, 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, and a few dashes of black pepper in a bowl. Mix it all together, and set aside.
--Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup frozen corn, 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion, and 1/4 cup thinkly sliced red bell pepper. Stir these ingredients frequently, for about 4 minutes, until the onion softens.
*I cooked it for about 3 minutes because my corn started to burn, so I also adjusted the heat slightly
--Add the chicken mixture to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Obviously you will need to adjust this time to ensure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
--Add 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes and 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (I added mozz. cheese and found it dlish) to the skillet and stir until the cheese begins to melt. ENJOY right away!!!! Oh, and I cheated, and added extra cheese...what can I say?
Prep Time Rating: Easy/Medium
DLISH Factor: 7.5! I thought this was SUCH a good dish...the reason I didn't rate it higher is because my husband and I compromised on a rating i.e.: he rated it lower than I would have. I hope you enjoy the dish and have FUN making it!
Sincerely,
The Hungry Wife

Mmmmm! Sounds so good! I am going to have to try it! I am so honored you made this because I requested it! Haha! Love ya!
ReplyDelete